The pulsation study for reciprocating compressor could be performed as per API 618, and INERTANCE has a capability to perform below kinds of pulsation study.
- Pulsation Study as per API 618
- Design Approach Guidelines
- Pulsation Criteria for Piping System
- Pulsation Criteria for Compressor Cylinder Flange
- Pulsation Suppression Device
- Pulsation Bottle Sizing as per API 618 & API 11P
- Pulsation Induced Shaking Force (Unbalanced Forces)
- Acoustic Simulation
- Calculation of Peak-to-Peak Pulsation Levels
- Piping Vibration Criteria
- Piping Modification
- Mechanical Review and Piping Restraint Analysis
- Mechanical Natural Frequency
- Separation Margin Requirements
- Pulsation Controls by Orifice
- Acoustic Resonance
- Acceleration Head
- Surge Volume and Acoustic Filter
- Helmholtz Frequency Estimation
The objective to perform the pulsation study is to avoid problems with vibration, performance, reliability, and flow measuring error caused by acoustical interaction between the compressor and the relevant piping system.
Pulsation study procedure has been determined as per design approach guideline as per API 618.
Here, INERTANCE shows the design approach for pulsation study of reciprocating compressor as follows;
1. Design Approach 1
Design Approach 1 is to perform the empirical pulsation suppression device design using proprietary and empirical analytical techniques to meet line side pulsation levels and the maximum pressure drop based on compressor normal operating condition.
2. Design Approach 2
Design Approach 2 is to perform the acoustic simulation and piping restraint analysis, which include the pulsation control through the use of pulsation suppression devices and proven acoustic techniques. In case the detail design of piping system is finalized, the acoustic simulation has to be performed for system reliability. Then, the separation margin based on mechnical natural frequency has to be checked to avoid the mechanical resonance.
3. Design Approach 3
Design Approach 3 is to perform the mechanical analysis with forced mechanical response analysis in addition to Design approach 2. The forced mechanical response analysis for compressor cylinder as well as associated piping systems has to be performed as results of previous analysis results.
INERTANCE has a capability to select the sizing of surge volume as well as low pass filter, and the related pipe support design, where necessary.