Pulsation Study for Reciprocating Compressor
The pulsation study for reciprocating compressor could be performed as per API 618, and INERTANCE has a capability to perform below kinds of acoustic analysis , shaking force estimation and mechanical study as per Design approach procedure.
- Pulsation Study as per API 618
- Pulsation Suppression Device
- Surge Bottle Sizing as per API 618 & API 11P
- Shaking Force (Unbalanced Forces)
- Acoustic Simulation
- Calculation of Peak-to-Peak Amplitude Levels
- Piping Vibration Criteria
- Piping Modification
- Mechanical Review and Piping Restraint Analysis
- Mechanical Study for Natural Frequency
- Separation Margin Requirements
- Acoustic Controls by Orifice
- Acoustic Resonance
- Acceleration Head
- Surge Volume and Acoustic Filter
- Helmholtz Frequency Estimation
The objective to perform this study is to avoid problems with vibration, performance, reliability, and flow measuring error caused by acoustical interaction between the compressor and the relevant piping system.
Pulsation study procedure has been determined as per API 618 guideline.
Here, INERTANCE shows the brief procedure for related study of reciprocating compressor as follows;
Design Approach 1
Design Approach 1 is to perform the empirical pulsation suppression device design using proprietary and empirical analytical techniques to meet line side pulsation levels and the maximum pressure drop based on compressor normal operating condition.
Design Approach 2
Design Approach 2 is to perform the acoustic simulation and piping restraint analysis, which include the control design through the use of pulsation suppression devices and proven acoustic techniques. In case the detail design of piping system is finalized, the acoustic simulation has to be performed for system reliability. Then, the separation margin based on mechanical natural frequency has to be checked to avoid the mechanical resonance.
Design Approach 3, API 618
Design Approach 3 is to perform the mechanical analysis with forced mechanical response analysis in addition to Acoustic study. The forced mechanical response analysis for compressor cylinder as well as associated piping systems has to be performed as results of previous analysis results.
INERTANCE has a capability to select the sizing of surge volume as well as low pass filter, and the related pipe support design, where necessary.
INERTANCE has a capability regarding noise and vibration engineering, and our experts are familiar with assessment of API 618 study & Mechanical study. For further information, contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
INERTANCE’s related services include;
- Lateral vibration analysis
- Torsional vibration analysis
- Vibration monitoring
- Acoustic Study for Reciprocating pump
- Calculator for Pipe Support Span
- Acoustic induced vibration
- Flow induced vibration
- HVAC Vibration